#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Where's the Afterglow?

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

4.26.2005

Where's the Afterglow?

I finished a book late Sunday night and put it in the mail to my editor yesterday morning. It was the first book I've been able to write without pulling any all-nighters since my kids were born. Major accomplishment. I'm actually a person with relatively normal sleeping patterns again after enduring my daughter's first two years of sleepless nights. (Her nickname should be Pop-Up Baby, because that's what she did every time we put her in her crib.)

But anyway, life is good. I sleep, I write, I have a life. And so now with my latest book done, I should be basking in the afterglow. I should be thrilled with my well-restedness and my sense of accomplishment. Instead, I'm in a weird funk, so overwhelmed by all the stuff that needs to get done--stuff I had to put off while finishing the book--that I've sat hunched in front of my laptop all day catching up on email.

Bleh. I feel like a slug. I need to get off my butt and do something else.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Cindy Procter-King said...

Hi Jamie!

Argh, this is my third time posting to your blog trying to be your virgin guest poster! Somehow I magically disappear the comments and then of course I can't remember them.

So my first two tries were very witty (you'll have to trust me on that), but this sorry third one will have to do. Congrats on starting your blog and making me jealous! Your colours coordinate with your web site and everything! All I have is my :::sob::: pathetic on-line diary. Well, as usual, you've given me something to aspire to.

Blog on, woman!

Cindy Procter-King
Jamie's Critique Partner
and Shameless Grabber of Free Promotional Opportunities
www.cindyprocter-king.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home