#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Meet Fake Jamie

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

12.14.2006

Meet Fake Jamie

I should probably be reporting this to the Myspace authorities...and I have, and I will again...but while I'm trying to get the page taken down, I just want to introduce you to Fake Jamie. Why did someone create a fake Myspace page with my photo and only partially correct info about me? Why do they have some of my information correct (and how did they find out any of it?), while having other things totally wrong (I'm NOT a guy, and I already have kids, whom I do very much want)?

I'm baffled. This must be a scam, but I don't know what kind, so let's all befriend Fake Jamie. Invite him (her?) into your friends network. Email him (her?). Fake Jamie looks pretty lonely. And Fake Jamie needs to update his (her?) photo, because that pic's a few years old and I (he?) no longer have blond hair.

9 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

And Bethany or Mom, how did you find this Myspace page by searching? I tried to search my name and just got some references to a some of my books, and then references to Sobrato High School (not named after me, unfortunately, but rather a Silicon Valley Sobrato). No Fake Jamie page though.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you search, go to the second option where it says find a friend, choose name, and there you or, I mean he, is or are, or something.

He hasn't been online since September so I doubt that he's reading his/her email,

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's weird. It looks to me like some lonely-hacker program picked out bits and pieces from your website and made up the others, then stuck it all on a page. Or else somebody has a lot of free time on their hands. And possibly a record of the illegal sort.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger kim h said...

is there a winner for the december potion contes?

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Oops, yes Kim, thank you for the reminder! I forgot to announce winners. Kelli Jo Calvert is the grand prize winner, and the winner of a copy of my Lust Potion book is Diana Thomas. Two other winners who signed up at the other two authors' sites also won copies of their respective books, but I don't have their names offhand. I'll get the names posted on my website ASAP.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Either the link is broken or they nixed the profile when I just tried to czech it. :-)

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right Tim, looks like fake Jamie is gone! Now why am I wasting time reading blogs and searching for Fake Jamie when I got up early to write?

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, fake Jamie is gone! I far prefer Real Jamie.

Cindy

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Yeah, I just got an email from Myspace saying they deleted the fake profile. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home