#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: I'll Take Testicles On My Octopus

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

1.09.2006

I'll Take Testicles On My Octopus

Although this isn't nearly as good a story as the tale of the six-inch sirloin, this blog is just about the only place I can tell a "testicle" anecdote with a straight face.

We were at a restaurant recently and my son wanted a dish with octopus in it, and he wanted to make sure they had tentacles on them. Of course. What's an octopus without tentacles, right? If only all foods could have tentacles!

So we were questioning the waitress about the dish that contained octopus, and she informed us that, "Yes, I think they do still have the testicles on them."

English was not her first language.

I laughed. "Did you just say testicles?" I asked, and my mother-in-law, who'd been puzzling over what didn't sound quite right about the waitress's statement, burst out laughing. The waitress blushed and stammered something about how she was afraid she'd been saying testicles all along.

"Tentacles," I informed her, thoroughly pleased with myself for catching the slip-up. "They're called tentacles."

But can anything top the six-inch sirloin story? What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever said?

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

What? No one wants to talk about the big embarrassments of their lives? Okay, okay, I'm not willing to admit to any of my big embarrassments either.

So what? We go back to talking about panties?

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I have SO MANY embarrassing moments, I just couldn't choose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home