#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: A Change of Pace

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

1.13.2009

A Change of Pace

My first Harlequin SuperRomance novel, A Forever Family, arrived in stores today. I'm so busy with other projects and life in general that I haven't done anything to celebrate, but I should. This book probably saved my creative life last year when I wrote it.

After sixteen novels in a row (not counting the ones that weren't published) all in the same style and tone, I was getting more burnt out than I imagined possible. I was beginning to think I had nothing left in me when I sat down to write each day...and often couldn't write much at all.

Then I started working on this book, and all the exhiliration writing once brought to me came back. I remembered why I'd dreamed of becoming a writer in the first place.

When I re-read A Forever Family now, I see things I would do differently if I had the chance to write it again, but it still represents a...dare I say it...joyful (yes, joyful) process for me, and for that reason among others, it's my favorite of any novel I've written.

5 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Blogger me said...

I'm so excited for you, Jamie! "A Forever Family" sounds like a great book! I've been stalking around your blog for a while- so I finally decided to post.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need to go get me a copy. Can't wait to read it. I've always enjoyed your Blazes.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Hi Tivi--glad you finally decided to post! It's painless and calorie-free. :-)

And hi Lori! Thanks for popping in. Did you get a new title for your next Blaze yet? I just went through the same process--mine's going to be called MADE YOU LOOK, out in September. I like it.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Yes, I did! It's called The Personal Touch. (I still preferred the Best Laid Plans.)

LOVE Made You Look.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Congrats on getting the title settled--that's always a relief, and I like the one they chose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home