#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Cough, Cough

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

1.30.2009

Cough, Cough

I'm still trying to get over the flu. As January passes me by, in my heavily medicated haze I'm only vaguely aware of the time lost. I almost have to laugh at how motivated I was at the start of the month. I had resolutions, and a long list of goals so detailed I had to subdivide them into what I would accomplish monthly, weekly, daily, and hourly. And I was working through that list diligently, accomplishing things like crazy, somewhat amazed at my own wildly productive state.

I was, perhaps, overdoing it a bit. Maybe putting too much pressure on myself. And so, me and my long list of goals ended up with a weakened immune system. Is the virus nature's way of reminding us that we with our detailed goal sheets are not really in control?

Did you set goals for this year (and this month and this week and today and an hour from now)? How's that working out for you?

6 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL:) Yes, I sat a million goals! I have followed through with some of them. Like getting my blog up and running and venturing out and reading different H/S series books for my column. Then there are some I haven't given another thought too! Get feeling better soon!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Lori Borrill said...

I don't know if they're goals so much. I have a calendar, and on that calendar, I have my contract due dates. Every week there is a chapter number I need to be on in order to have the due dates met by writing at a steady, comfortable pace. I tend to panic if I get behind, which makes me want to always stay a couple chapters ahead. It becomes a little game I play with myself.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a nasty one, Jamie.

I write a list of goals for the year in early January and take it out to read from time to time. But that's about it. I get too anxious if I make weekly or daily goals and then don't meet them. And if I get ahead of myself on those goals, then I feel like I can slack off. So...general goals, then every day I do SOMETHING toward achieving at least one of those goals. That's about it.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, did I tell you I found a copy of the Super? Can't remember if I mentioned it on that other place you recently joined.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Congrats on getting your blog online, Tracy! Nice to see you here.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Cindy and Lori, you two are so sensible it's ridiculous. What's the matter with overdoing it and stressing out and... Oh wait, yeah, that's how I got sick. Right.

Maybe I need to learn a lesson from the moderates among us. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home