#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Quote of the Day

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

9.17.2005

Quote of the Day

I saw this quote today and thought it went well with the article I posted a few days ago about finding the time to write:

"We each have all the time there is; our mental and moral status is determined by what we do with it." -- Mary Blake

Whenever I've had to look ahead at all the time a huge task will take--whether it be writing a book or finishing a college degree or whatever--I always tell myself that the time is going to pass whether I do what I want with it or not. For instance, when I looked at the average time and number of books it takes a writer to sell their first manuscript (5-6 books and 5-6 books was the average back then), I felt horribly discouraged. That seemed like forever. But when I put it in the perspective that in five years, I could either be a person who'd pursued her dreams and written 5 or 6 books, or I could be a person who didn't, the choice was easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home