#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Writer Interrupted

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

11.03.2005

Writer Interrupted

I should calculate the number of interruptions I have during any given writing session, but I'm afraid it would be too depressing. I have a process for getting started writing, which includes checking my email, answering any messages that I can answer quickly, checking the news online to see if there are any new headlines, then checking my favorite blogs. Then I check email one more time. Once all that is done, I can get started.

It's my process. Don't question it.

But every time I am interrupted, I have to go through the process all over again. Check email. Answer email. Check news. Check blogs. Check email again. Start writing.

It's a miracle I get any books written at all. I should probably work on shortening my process.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, your process sounds a lot like mine, except I also check a couple of forums of an agent and an editor I'm nicely stalking. Not sure I buy that you need to start the process all over every time, though. Tut, tut, Jamie.

Cindy

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Don't make me bitch-slap you, Cindy! The process must be repeated EACH and EVERY time...which is why the goal should be to eliminate the distractions, not the process.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home