#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Naked Page People Dominate the Golden Heart

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

3.26.2007

Naked Page People Dominate the Golden Heart

Two of our very own beloved Naked Page people have some excellent news to share. The announcements for Golden Heart and Rita finalists were made yesterday, and both Cindy Procter-King and Melissa James (AKA Avery Beck) got calls!

Congratulations, girls! Give us the scoop. And we want to know where you were when you got the calls, how you reacted, and what you're doing to celebrate.

For anyone who doesn't know (is anyone else even reading this blog anymore, since I became missing in action?), being a Golden Heart finalist years ago got me my first agent and my first book sale, so I know all too well that this is an excellent sign of good things to come. Can't wait to scream for you, Cindy and Melissa, at the award ceremony in Dallas! Good thing you're in different categories so you can both win. ;-)

7 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Cindy and Melissa!!!!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Avery Beck said...

Thank you for telling the world, Jamie... ;-)

Let's see. When I got the call I was in my car (not driving, luckily), having gone out with hubby and kids for the sole purpose of being away from the computer when everybody *else* started celebrating. Calls went out at noon my time--my phone rang at 12:08! Thank goodness I was at the top of the list because I would have been miserably depressed if much more time had passed. LOL

I looked at the caller ID, knew what it was, freaked out. And the rest is history. My email box is now clogged 24-7 with messages from my new GH finalist loop, but I don't mind too much! :-) I just have to find time to WRITE while all this is going on!

I'm terribly excited about the conference. I have a million things to do before then, but I'm excited about the parties and the ceremony and getting an individual editor appointment! Woo hoo!

And I'm still in shock. :-)

~Melissa

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Congratulations! That's really really cool!

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for outing us, Jamie!!

I got the call while downstairs doing laundry. I'd had two calls before the call, and each time my heart just went crazy when I thought they might be Golden Heart calls. But neither were. After finishing the second call, I went downstairs to do laundry and get my mind off it. The phone began ringing again almost immediately, and I went to answer the downstairs phone--and realized it was hidden!! (portable). So I raced upstairs and grabbed the kitchen phone right before the answering machine picked up. I entered 3 manus, and the one I thought least likely to final is the one that did! Woo-hoo! I did a lot of tightening on the partial for GH, and it looks like it worked. Or maybe I just lucked out on my judges this year. Whatever, I don't care, I'm a GH finalist--yippee!--so now I'm going to Dallas, and Jamie has agreed to be my date for the Awards ceremony. We get the good seats, Melissa!

Yea, Melissa!

Cindy

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Avery Beck said...

Ooh, the good seats. I'm telling you, this is a heck of a way to attend my first conference!

I think hubby might show up for the ceremony, but I don't know if he can handle all that estrogen...

Congrats again, Cindy. :-) May we follow in Jamie's GH footsteps. LOL

Go Naked Page!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Avery Beck said...

And thanks Bethany and Helenkay!!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Lori Borrill said...

Congrats to Melissa and Cindy! So happy for both of you! It's going to make for a great conference this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home