#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Hearts and Flowers and Stuff

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

2.14.2007

Hearts and Flowers and Stuff

In case you haven't read the Girl Talk discussion Cindy and I posted recently about what we think is romantic, today's the day to do it. Apparently, as romance authors, we're supposed to sort of know what romance is all about, but the conclusion we muddled toward is that it's a highly individual thing. Big revelation, huh?

Anyway, what are you doing to celebrate Valentine's Day? Do you think it's the dumbest holiday ever, or do you love it? Or did you totally forget it's today?

I wasn't really planning to celebrate, but my kids kind of forced me. I gave in to their pleas, and we went to the local variety store yesterday, where I was surprised to find a frantic crowd of shoppers elbowing each other out of the way to grab the last of the heart-shaped candy things. I snagged a few little boxes of message hearts, a small toy for each kid, and then suffered in line for 15 minutes.

Today my son has a play date after school, so my romantic evening will be spent presiding over a small herd of noisy Valentine's Day candy-charged children.

5 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made cherry-chip cupcakes with a maraschino cherry hidden in each for my youngest's band bake sale. The DH left on a biz trip yesterday, and I was thinking, I wonder if he was smart enough to pre-order me flowers? Which he was. I got them today, and they're lovely. Of course, I'm of the mind that sending your lady flowers any day that's NOT Valentine's Day is more romantic than sending them on the day that's most expected, but that he remembered when he was so busy prepping for his trip was very sweet. However, the chocolate was missing, so after barely escaping death teaching the same youngest how to drive in the snow this afternoon, I bought myself a Caramilk and immediately scarfed it down.

Cindy

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Avery Beck said...

Unfortunately, our oldest isn't old enough to babysit yet (maybe when he's 4 ;-), so we're hanging at the house with Chinese food and a movie after kiddos are in bed.

Oh, and lots of chocolates! I'm sharing in spirit, Cindy. :-)

~the former Melissa, post I'm-tired-of-having-the-same-name-as-another-author identity crisis

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ezra has thrown up a grand total of something like a dozen times, so my husband was romantic enough to come home and take care of him so I could go to my scheduled for 3 months dermatologist appt.

When I got home he had dark chocolate raspberry truffles, and dark chocolate raspberry jells,(yes there is a pattern) and gummi bears for the kids (to keep them out of my precious chocolate).

Besides several hours of non-stop cleaning up vomit and sick child holding, it was an okay day. The real celebrating will be this weekend when we're escaping from gthe house and the kids.....

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Wow, sounds like it was a seriously "mommy" kind of holiday here at the Naked Page.

Melissa/Avery, I'm sorry someone used your name before you got a chance to use it! Oh well, Avery Beck sounds darn cute. :-)

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Ugh... my valentines day was nasty... the weather it snowed and freezing rained... I shoveled the drive w/o a hat and in the middle of a freezing rainstorm... got icehead... so much water in my hair when i showered felt like niagara falls run amok. :-$ Then I had to drive to work for one of the deadest shifts on record in that mess... and then home again... not my idea of a Happy Valentine's Day... but oh well. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home