#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Cindy's New Short Story and More, More, More

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

2.16.2007

Cindy's New Short Story and More, More, More

Our own beloved Cindy had a fun new short story released today online, Deceiving Derek. Check it out!

In other news, I have a book due in two weeks and have entered the "I'm a foul-spirited zombie who can think of nothing but my work in progress" stage of creativity. Beware.

I got a copy of my April release, Sex As a Second Language, in the mail this week (it was supposed to be two boxes full, but instead, they accidentally sent me one of my books and a whole buttload of another author's). The dedication reads, "To The Naked Page People, for hanging out on my blog and listening to me whine incessantly."

What's everyone doing for the long weekend? Did you even realize it's a long weekend? Here in this San Francisco suburb where I live, next week the kids have no school, and it's widely known as "ski week" (a name at which I can't help rolling my eyes, partly because I hate skiiing, and partly because I cannot afford a trip to Tahoe). What school officials don't seem to realize is that it should be known as I-need-to-write-without-interruption-all-freaking-week week, and it is wrong, wrong, wrong of them to go scheduling county-wide weeks off from school without consulting my writing schedule first. I mean, duh. Who do they think they are?

3 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a long weekend here, not officially, yet it is, because the kids don't go to school either today or Monday because of the teacher's convention.

Good luck with the deadline and thanks for pimping my story!

My cover totally rocks, everyone. Go check it out!

Cindy

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

It is a cute cover, Cindy. Congrats!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Avery Beck said...

Yay Cindy!

That dedication brings tears to my eyes, Jamie. Well, almost. I mean, it definitely will when I see it in print. :-) Seriously, I like dedications. I've got mine planned out for my first five books. LOL

It's always a long weekend at my house because my kids, very unfortunately, are not old enough to be in school yet. Sigh. And hubby doesn't even get Monday off, so it will be business as usual around here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home