#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Promo Whore Strikes Again

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

3.01.2006

Promo Whore Strikes Again

Promo Whore here, doing a guest blog post so Jamie can take the night off.

It's the moment you've been waiting for--Once Upon a Seduction is officially in stores as of today. And thanks to the astonishingly short shelf lives of Harlequin books, if you blink, it will be gone.

In other words, if you want the book, get your ass over to Borders or Barnes and Noble or Target or wherever, like, right now, and buy the damn thing! Some stores remove them from the shelves two weeks after the release date. And a kindly few places still let them stay on the shelves for a month or until they sell out, whichever comes first.

If you've been hanging out here for long, you've probably heard that explanation before. But I feel compelled to repeat myself over and over again because Jamie get comments like every other week from people saying they went looking for her books at the store and couldn't find them. That's because the release month has passed, people. Get a clue. Harlequin's are released and shelved a lot like magazines--here and gone in a month. Thanks to the internet, you can still buy a lot of Jamie's books on www.amazon.com and other online bookstores, because they keep them stocked until they sell out.

Anyway, because Jamie really hates it when, I, Promo Whore, do a guest blog post, she insists I offer a productive topic of discussion as well. So here is your chance to ask Jamie anything you've ever wondered about how the whole book production thing works. From how she writes the book, to what the process of working with an editor is like, to the various stages of editing, to the cover concept, to seeing the book in stores. Ask away. She'll make her appearance here as soon as she knows I'm gone.

10 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say congrats on your release day :-)) glenda

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Jamie, I was at the grocery store this morning, and there it was in all it's glory. :D

Don't you just love it when the book you're looking for presents itself so conveniently? I know I do. So I am now the proud owner of "Once Upon a Seduction." Obviously I haven't read it yet, but I'll let you know what I think very soon.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Thanks Glenda!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Theresa, I still get a big thrill out of seeing my books in an actual store. I have been known to pose beside them for photos. :-)

Thank you for buying my book!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet every author in the world posed with their in-store books at some point. If not, they don't truly appreciate how cool being published really is. :-)

Here's a question: how can a company as massive as Harlequin have a website that has been down for two days straight?? Is my computer on crack, or is the website really kaput? Give me a break! I'm suffering from community withdrawal! And what about those who have books for sale on the site, hmmmm? HQ has to be losing, like, millions of dollars per day here. LOL

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I like your assistant's title! I am so GLAD the reminder email came. My brain cells have not caught up with the calendar yet this month...

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theresa, I still get a big thrill out of seeing my books in an actual store. I have been known to pose beside them for photos. :-)

I don't like taking pictures much, but I'd pose for that one.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Melissa, I used the EHarlequin website yesterday and the day before without any problems, including the community section. So...I had to be the one to break it to you, but it sounds like the website is rejecting you personally.

Kidding, kidding... :-)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Rich, before you officially take on the title Promo Pimp, you should know he has to wear those big platform shoes with the goldfish tanks in the heels, a purple velvet trench coat with a faux fur collar, and zebra print polyester pants.

Thanks for the compliments on the book (and no, I did not pay him to say that).

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Just finished it last night. :-D Very good. :-D At the very least. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home