#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Roller Girl

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

7.03.2005

Roller Girl

Here's what I love about San Francisco: anything can happen here. We were walking in Golden Gate Park today, and we came upon an outdoor rollerskating area we'd never seen before where a bunch of people were skating and dancing to music pumped out of a set of mobile speakers that had been fashioned partly out of a jogging stroller. The speakers rested where the child would normally sit, and the people skating/dancing were mostly really good. I mean, even the white people had rhythm and knew moves one wouldn't normally expect a middle-aged caucasian chick to know. These were grown adults too--not teenagers--many of them well past the age when the average adult gives up roller skating and dancing (let alone doing both at the same time).

There aren't very many places in the world where I can imagine this happening. My husband, the latter-day disco king, was so enthralled he video-taped the scene with his PDA-phone-thingy. We stood on the sidelines and watched for a while, I vowed to buy a pair of roller skates, and then we moved on, happy to know that there are people out there having fun for no apparent reason.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you can stop having fun any time now and get back home so I can annoy you. Actually, I'm way behind in everything, so it's not like I have a synopsis for you to critque or anything. I have actually written 3 pages, though, and have (yet another) goal to get it done this week. Yizer. What a butt-dragger I am. I do have some excuses, although I'm not sure they'd pass your kick-ass muster.

Enjoy the day!
Cindy

Cindy

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Cindy, Cindy, you'e going to get rug burns on your ass if you keep dragging it like that. And we all know how unpleasant rug burns on the ass are.

I'll be home in only a couple of days. I expect an impressive progress report by Sunday morning.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Ack, typo. That was supposed to be "you're" not "you'e"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home