#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: More of Me to Love

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

7.17.2006

More of Me to Love

You may have been wondering if I have:

a. died
b. been abducted by aliens
c. run off to join a cult
d. forgotten that I have a blog
e. all of the above

Or you may have better things to wonder about than the minute details of my possible alien abduction and subsequent probing.

I don't have any good excuses for my absence (plenty of bad excuses though). So instead, I will just drop the big thrilling news on you that I have prolonged my writing career by another year by selling 3 more Blazes, all to be released in 2007. So you get more of me to love, and I get to earn something resembling a poverty-level living. It's a win-win situation.

I know you're all squirming in your seats there, and not because of that strange itch you've been suffering in your nether regions. You want to know about the books (humor me here--nod your heads).

In April 07 there will be an international Blaze set in Italy, tentatively titled Sex In Any Language, in August 07 there will be a paranormal Blaze featuring Lauren and Carson from The Sex Quotient, titled Call Me Wicked, and in November 07 a kick-ass action-adventure Blaze titled Sex Bomb.

Not to mention my next Blaze for October 06, the first in a 3-book series called Lust Potion #9. My book is A Whisper of Wanting, and it's followed in November and December by stories from the fabulous Colleen Collins and Carrie Alexander. More info on the series to come.

So there. No more angst over whether I'm being probed by aliens. I'm actually, you know, busy writing books and stuff...just as The Great Enlightened One has instructed.

11 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Welcome back! :-D And yeah... missed ya. :-D

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new books!

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That's fantastic.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Thanks guy and girls. I know business-y announcements don't give us anything fun to talk about.

But speaking of cults and The Great Enlightened One, here's a pointless bit of trivia--the first piece of fiction I ever sold was a True Confessions story called "I Lost My Husband to a Doomsday Cult!" (The exclamation mark was part of the title.)

It was hilariously trashy and involved the wife getting seduced by the creepy cult leader, of course.

That's one avenue for making some cash while you're trying to sell your first novel--confession stories are not too hard to write, but they are kind of time consuming considering they tend to be around 20 or more pages long. The pay usually ranges for $100-500. I used to have a critique partner who made a secondary income writing them.

I only ever wrote one though, because for me it took too much energy and time away from writing novels.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Tim said...

That's cool, Jamie... something (else) that at least I did not know about you. :-)

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

So, here's a little more trivia to liven things up. I mentioned that I have a paranormal Blaze coming up next summer starring Lauren and Carson from The Sex Quotient. Anyone care to guess what the paranormal element of the book next summer is?

Bethany and Cindy are not allowed to guess because they already know.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I had no clue until you said I knew. Now I know.

How's that for paranormal?
C

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I think I can... but I have to go back and brush up on it first. :-)

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you mean the paranormal element with the sexy swamp creature man? What's that earthy smell? Oh, it's you swamp creature man! Ooooh, slime in my hair how marvelous!

Oh, sorry, I wasn't allowed to make guesses. You have to forgive me, I have a head injury.

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Fluoxetine and night sweats Crest whitestrips premium good vs bad buy fioricet Suzuki samurai exo cage Call center ergonomics order nexium Cell phone rate plans dallas texas New mazda 6 black jack strategy and free My fioricet cheap firoicet online Nicotine deficiency impotence Eckerd tramadol prescription Prozac vs wellbutrin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home