#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: Welcome to Insanity

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

7.19.2005

Welcome to Insanity

I'm not afraid to ask the big questions. Questions like, "How many pairs of shoes can be crammed into a standard-sized suitcase?" and "Will I actually wear 10 different pairs of shoes in two weeks?"

Yes, we have crossed the border into the Romance Writers of America National Conference State of Insanity. Welcome, but be warned. You cannot stay here unless you're in the frantic process of getting your hair done, getting your nails done, getting your toes done, getting various body parts waxed, planning an extensive and detailed wardrobe, and engaging in many last-minute shopping trips.

I'm only exaggerating a little. I mean, I don't actually get anything waxed for the conference, and I'm not into manicures, but everything else, yes, I'm doing it.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Shannon Canard said...

Jamie,

Got my hair colored and cut. Check.
Clipped photos of outfits from Shop, Etc. magazine and Lucky Mag and started assembling said outfits from my wardrobe. Check.
Bought 3 new pairs of shoes for conference to go with kickin' outfits. Check.
Bought new hobo handbag. Check.
But there's still so much to do. And buy.

I'm there with ya!

Shannon Canard

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Shannon, I'm in the midst of frantically shopping for a dress to match the silver sequined shoes I just had to have... :-) Who knew it would be so hard to find a matching dress that doesn't make me look like a sausage?

Jamie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home