#navbar-iframe { display: none !important;} The Naked Page: The Reviews Are In

The Naked Page

Author Jamie Sobrato's Diary

9.23.2006

The Reviews Are In

Okay, so there is only one review, from Romantic Times magazine, but hey, it's a good one. I'm not exactly being all chatty on the blog these days (I had revisions due, so shoot me), and this is the best I can do for new content. Behold, my 4-star Romantic Times review:

"Humor and hot sex combine in A WHISPER OF WANTING (4) by Jamie Sobrato. Visiting a San Diego tourist trap, journalist Ethan Ramsey is offered "crazy passion" in the form of a lust potion. When he doesn't buy, the owner slips the bottle to the group he's in when police come into the shop. Ethan wonders if there's something more illegal than pretend lust and takes the bottle to Detective Nicole Arroyo to have it analyzed. They had a failed sexual encounter two years before, and he hasn't been able to get over her. When part of the potion spills on them, their attraction flares out of control. Good description (the salesman is a "tiny lizard of a man"), very hot sex, strong characters and an interesting plot make this a wonderful read. Since this is part of a series (Lust Potion #9), we don't find out if there's actually a potion."

I wrote A Whisper of Wanting during the most stressful, tumultuous, depressing months of my life (while going through a divorce and a move to a new city), and hearing someone say it doesn't suck puts a smile on my face. I can finally heave a sigh of relief that maybe my career isn't over after all.

Whew.

8 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Hey Jamie... Hope you're doing better. :-) The review was good... can't wait for the book. :-D

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jamie! That's fantastic!! I remember reading the first scene or something of this and it totally rocked. Can't wait to pick it up.

Now what's this "revisions due" excuse? Send me back the GT column before I have to go out of town again (that's on Thursday).

Cindy

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the review!

So sorry about the divorce and hard times. Hope all is better now.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger SQT said...

Jamie, I'm glad the book "doesn't suck" but I don't think anything you write sucks, everyone else is just getting around to figuring that out.

I hope things are getting better for you. I think it's amazing you got anything written with all that's going on.

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reviewed it over on amazon! My first review! I am not any good at it but I loved the book! I also like how we never found out if the lust potion was real or not, but really who cares right? Here is my review:
Don't Miss this Hot Blaze!, September 22, 2006
Reviewer: Lorrie B. cma (Altoona, PA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Nicole Arroyo is a police detective who comes across a love potion, she thinks journalist Ethan Ramsey is just up to a no good scheme to seduce her. Until the two can't keep their hands off each other. This book is a must read sexy mix of mystery and lust potion #9!
:)

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie, congrats on the good review. Sounds great and the cover is really cool!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Btw... at least at my supermarket, Whisper is AVAILABLE as of either yesterday or today. I'll score my copy soon. :-D

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jamie Sobrato said...

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!

And Lorrie, that was so sweet of you to post a good review for me. Thank you!

Tim, very cool that the book has finally hit stores.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home